If you or someone you live with suffers from one of the below medical conditions, you may be entitled to a FREE boiler:
- Atrial fibrillation; heart flutter (AF)
- Angina / Coronary heart disease (CHD)
- Heart failure
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Peripheral arterial disease
- A (TIA) or “mini stroke”
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Osteoporosis/ brittle bones
If you’re over 18 and earn less than £16,000 per year and have less than £16,000 in savings, or if the applicant is aged 0-16 years old or under 20 and in full time education and suffering with one of the above medical conditions they automatically qualify for the scheme.
Assistance can only be considered for work which are necessary to improve your living conditions or a person living with you.
The scheme can provide help with heating or energy efficiency improvements such as:
- Boiler repairs/replacement (please note this is not an emergency service)
- New heating controls
For more information and advice please see the below leaflets:
The grant ‘Warm Homes on Prescription’ is not a loan and you will not need to pay the money back. Call BCVS on 01909 476 118.
Sources: Bassetlaw District Council, Bassetlaw CCG, BCVS