Winter brings many challenges for patients, it may be getting cold outside, but winter needn’t be the unhealthiest time of the year for you & your family.
Below are 5 ways to stay healthy this winter.
1. Eliminate your sleep debt; catch up on some sleep, with longer nights winter is the ideal time to hibernate a little more.
2. Drink more milk; your 80% more likely to get a cold in winter, so keeping your immune system in perfect working order is important. Milk and dairy products are great sources of protein, vitamin A and B12 which are essential for our immune system.
3. Keep warm this winter; keeping warm can help prevent colds, flu, depression, heart attacks and strokes. The ideal temperature for your home is at least 18 degrees.
4. Eat more fruit & veg; food is a vital source of energy and helps keep our bodies warm.
5. Have the flu vaccine; flu symptoms can hit suddenly and severely & make existing health conditions worse. If you’re eligible for a flu vaccine make an appointment and protect yourself this winter.