About the Dispensary
Our Aims are to fulfil your needs. Provide a prompt service. Be friendly, approachable and respectful. Listen to your ideas on how we can improve. Address any problems quickly and efficiently. Use everyday language, avoid medical jargon. Provide you with confidential advise. Suggest other services that may be helpful. Comply with NHS Confidentiality. Safely store all information
- Supply medicines and appliances
- Dispense appropriate prescriptions
- Providing information and advice
- Check patients need all medications requested
- Maintenance of appropriate records
- Set up on managed medication trays (MDS) to make things easier and safer if you take a number of tablets
- Disposal of unwanted medicines. However, we do not accept or dispose of unwanted sharps (needles)
As we at Riverside Health Partnership continue to improve our patient services, if you cannot collect your prescriptions from Gringley Dispensary, you can collect them from the following locations on Thursdays and the set times:
- Mattersey Church – 10:00am to 10:30am
- Everton Church – 10:40am to 11:10am
- Beckingham Post Office – 11:30am to 12:00pm
Housebound will also be delivered around the above times.
Please let the surgery know if you wish to collect your prescription as part of our delivery service
Dispensary Opening Times
- Monday 8:30am to 5pm
- Tuesday 8:30am to 5pm
- Wednesday 8:30am to 12:30pm
- Thursday 8:30am to 5pm
- Friday 8:30am to 5pm
We are unable to dispense for anyone living within 1.6km of a pharmacy but anyone living further than 1.6km DO have the choice to ask for their prescriptions to be dispensed at a Pharmacy/Dispensary of their choice.
If you are going away on holiday this is not a problem for us. Please let us know and we can provide an extra month’s medication when you place your usual order. We will be happy to accommodate your request by calling into the dispensary.
We can usually help if you need some regular medicines and can’t get in touch with your doctor. We must stress that this can only be done in genuine emergencies. Please note, there may be a charge for this service.