From Monday 2nd October 2023, Riverside will be introducing a brand-new online system called ‘Anima’ to improve access to care.
Anima seamlessly and confidentially integrates with your medical record bringing improvements to how you access care and appointments. With our new approach, every request for an appointment will be assessed by a member of our Clinical Triage Team and prioritised strictly according to clinical urgency.
Your request will be handled in exactly the same manner whether you complete the Anima request online, contact us via telephone or visit in surgery. Our receptionists will ask the same questions in order to increase fairness. The process should take around 3-5 minutes to complete and the questions you answer will ensure that clinicians have all the information they need right away.
We would encourage all patients who can use Anima to do so, as this will prevent you needing to queue on the telephone and keep lines free for those who do not have internet access or may have a disability. Completing an Anima request yourself also provides you with more discretion should you prefer not to discuss your medical problem with one of our receptionists.
You can also add children/dependents onto an Anima account so you can submit requests on their behalf.
This new service will be accessible from our website (www.riversidehealth.co.uk) and operate Monday to Friday 8AM – 5PM.
We have listened to patient feedback and hope you find Anima easier to use. We are really excited about this change and the benefits it will bring to all our patients and staff.
We would like to ask for your patience during this transition to Anima as we are aware that introducing any new system may have some teething troubles. However, we are not anticipating any major disruption.
What are the benefits to me as a patient?
- Anima is easy and simple to use.
- No need to wait on the telephones. You can provide all the information the practice needs by answering a few simple questions.
- You can submit either a Medical Issue or an Admin Query.
- Questions asked by Anima are without medical jargon and no lengthy free text required.
- Book specific appointments without needing to be triaged by the Riverside team.
- View/track your request on the Anima dashboard.
- The system is available in several different languages.
- Your medical records will be more complete for the future.
- The practice responses will be clearer.
- Access to NHS Self Help.
- View Practice Announcements/Updates
See how it works here: https://youtu.be/zf_EQx7GOo4?si=-J-2_1hYW5mXOeQt
You can now register for this service prior to Monday 2nd October. Please click here to register.
Have a question? We may have answered it here.